Sunday, October 11, 2015

Nook Book vs. Paperback

I was just shopping on Barnes and Noble's website. A book in one of the series that I read faithfully just came out and I wanted to download it. Then I noticed that the price for the Nook Book version was practically double the price of the paperback copy. That seems a little ridiculous given the cost to produce the eBook vs the cost produce the paperback book has got to be significantly less. 
Now admittedly, I don't have the exact numbers. It just stands to reason that a book being delivered electronically should be less than the same book printed on paper, bound and shipped from where it's produced to where it's actually distributed from. 
I didn't buy the book. 
Not yet anyways. I recently picked up a hardcover in another series I love at Costco, so maybe when I finish Sue Grafton's "X" I'll check back on the price of Laurel K. Hamilton's "Dead Ice". 


No comments:

Post a Comment