Saturday, October 3, 2015

Finished Stove

Well, I finished the stove. 
I actually finished it a few days ago but I've been staring at it everyday, deciding if I like it or not. When I first finished, I was thinking that this was probably my first major DIY fail. It was definitely not love at first sight like with the finished fridge. 
I have to admit though, it's growing on me. I'm not sure if that's because I actually like it or if I'm just dreading a redo. At first glance I thought it looked like one of those brown stoves from the 70's. The bronze just didn't come out quite as I had imagined. I think my first mistake was buying paint at the craft store rather than Home Depot. The paint said it worked on metal, and it did. Sort of. It just took A LOT of coats to cover. I also didn't take in to account the way bronze would look against the black parts of my stove. I don't like the combo as much as I thought I would. 
For now, I'm leaving it. But in the coming weeks it's very possible that I'll be repainting it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment