Monday, September 9, 2013

Easy, Great Smelling Bath Paint!

I've been messing around with different ways to entertain my daughter in the tub because she has recently decided that the 10 tons of bath toys she owns are not enough reason to happily hop in the tub for bath time. I bought some shaving cream from the local dollar store, mixed in a few spoons of Kool-Aid mix (Which BTW I received money back for buying using Ibotta this week!)I mixed it up with a plastic fork, and then let my daughter use the fork as a paint brush of sorts to mush the fantastic smelling "paint" all over the sides of the tub. Not only did she have fun helping me mix up the ingredients but she got in the bath happily, with no arguments! It washed away easily and left no traces of the red Kool-Aid behind.
**I originally found this recipe on this blog, Growing A Jeweled Rose. I didn't take it quite as far as she did, and my daughter was quite happy with only one color of paint. Though admittedly, I never let on that there was an option to have more colors either, lol. This blog also has lots of other cool ideas for kiddos! It's definitely on my reading list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment