Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills

I love makeup. I'm seriously having a love affair with it these days. I picked up the original Anastasia Beverly Hills contour pallet when it came out and loved it, though if I had it to do over, I'd probably build my own pallet with just the 2 colors I use most. Oh well, next time for sure. Then, I heard about the cream counter pallet, only sold at Macys and at the Anastasia site. It was out of stock every time I looked for it, I was getting ready to just pay and extra few $$ on eBay, and then I found it on the Anastasia site! To make that find even better, if you sign up for their email list you can take 10% off your first order. So I added the Brow Wiz I was hoping to try to my cart and ordered both pieces up. I figured my package would arrive later this week since I went with the free shipping rather than the 2 day shipping. To my surprise, the package was in my mailbox today!

So the service was great, the products I have mixed feelings about. The Brow Wiz was amazing. If you're not using this or another of her brow products, you're seriously missing out. It completely changes the way your face looks, in a good way. The cream contour pallet, well I'm not so sure about. I ordered it in the light shade (it comes in light, medium & dark) just like the powder pallet, which I love. The colors that come in the cream pallet are different though. The banana is still there, which is good because it's my favorite, but the darker colors look a little funny to me. Now, it's possible that I just need to play with it a little more to find what works best, so I'm not counting the darker shades out just yet.

Next time I order, I think I'd like to try the Dipbrow Pomade. I've heard good things and if it works as well as the Brow Wiz, then it should be pretty great!

EDIT: So after using the Cream Contour for a little while, I have to say that I am totally in love! Even though it wasn't sold as a product that would improve my overall skin tone, I swear it has! I can't imagine why I would ever give this awesome makeup up. It has some serious staying power, water doesn't seem to effect it at all. I don't use all the colors in the pallet, so I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to buy the individual color refills like I can for the powder kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment