Sunday, April 26, 2015

Build A Bear

My youngest had her 5th birthday last week. As her special day wish, she wanted to go to Build-A-Bear.
OK. It's her birthday, and I don't mind going there every now and then. That place can get expensive though! There are so many little add-ons that can seriously raise the price of that little bear. (Or in this case dog.)
To start, there is a fairly large price range of animal options to start with. Then you can choose to add sounds, a realistic heart beat and now even scents. Yes, scents. I personally can't think of many things more disgusting than some air freshener scented stuffed toy, but they must appeal to some people since they're still available for sale.
Now once you get through putting the toy together, the real expense comes into play: the clothing and accessories. Did you know they sell boxer briefs for these bears? It cracks me up every time I see them. There are so many options and while the individual pieces are not insanely expensive, they really add up quickly.
One way I've found to save some money, you know, besides skipping the air freshener getting shoved in the bear, is to sign up for their emails and join their Stuff For Stuff club. For my daughter's birthday we were sent a coupon to save $5.00. I also just received another $5.00 coupon, I believe it was for Mother's Day. It doesn't buy you a whole lot, but it certainly helps. Also, you receive a point for each dollar you spend and when you get to 100 points they'll send you a certificate for $10.00 off your next purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment