Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April Birchbox

So my April Birchbox has arrived. I'm excited to try a few of the samples... others not so much. First I received a Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care shampoo but not the coordinating conditioner. I really feel like in order to see how well a shampoo works it's best if you can try the conditioner at the same time. Maybe it's just me, but that's really how I feel. Secondly, I received a KIND Snacks Healthy Grains Bar. I don't want food samples. I signed up for Birchbox to try out cool beauty products. The flavor is Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt and maybe I'll end up loving it, but it's just no the kind of thing I would prefer to receive. Now, on to the products that I am excited to try! First, the Sumita Color Intense Pencil. I currently use E.L.F. gel eyeliner, and I like it well enough, but I'm always looking for something better! I've been thinking about switching up my eyeliner lately, so I'm pretty excited that this was in my box. Next, the Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Wash is described as being "infused with marine extracts". That sounds like a lot of products that I've been hearing a lot of buzz about lately so I definitely want to try it. Lastly, there's the Harvey Prince, Hello which is a scent that is supposed to "mingle cheerful citrus with floral notes". I don't find a lot of fragrances that I like enough to wear regularly so I'm always happy to get to try a new one out. I haven't sprayed it on myself yet, but just sniffing the bottle it seems to smell pretty nice. My opinion of Birchbox is definitely getting to be more positive. I understand that not every product I get to sample will be a homerun and I have gotten a few that were. I think I can honestly say that it's worth the $10 a month I spend on each box. It's exciting, getting to open a new surprise each month! If this sounds like something you'd like to try out, click here to check it out! There's no minimum, and subscriptions can be canceled at any time. Also, you earn points with every dollar you spend which can be used towards free products!

No comments:

Post a Comment