Friday, June 13, 2014

June Birchbox

Well my Birchbox for June arrived yesterday and once again I have mixed feelings about it's contents. First off there are 2 products that I'm excited to try out. The first is called Egyptian Magic, All Purpose Skin Cream. I've heard of this stuff and it's supposed to be fairly amazing! Next up is the Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain. The color is called Sugar and it looks like it will compliment my coloring. Then there is the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit. This came in it's own box which included the face wash and a muslin cloth. It's a "British award-winner" and it's supposed to purify the skin. I've never heard of this brand but I'm always ready to try out new facial cleansers. After that, we have the Antica Farmacista Bergamot & Ocean Aria Body Wash. It's made with sweet almond oil and is called a "nourishing cleanser". It looks like the complimentary stuff that you'd find in the bathroom of an upscale hotel. Last, and most confusing to me is Miss Jessie's Original MultiCultural Curls. This says that it's specially formulated for "multiethnic hair" and "mixed heritage & multi textured curls". I don't think that applies to me and I definitely don't have curls. This is the second time I've received a product for curly hair. I went back and checked my profile to make sure I hadn't accidentally told them that my hair was curly, and I did not.
So the curly hair product aside, I think this was a pretty decent box. For $10 a month I still feel like the anticipation and excitement of opening the box to see what's inside is worth it. I'm still not 100% satisfied, but I'm also not ready to give up on Birchbox just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment