Saturday, January 17, 2015

Insta-Cold Beverage!

Ok, so It's not instantaneous, but it is a relatively fast way to get your drink cold.

When I buy beverages, I have a shelf where I store all of the ones that are not going immediately into the refrigerator. I just don't have room in the fridge to keep them all cold all the time. Now I do this all the time, I take the last cold drink of mine out of the fridge and forget to replace it with a few more of the same kind. Usually it's energy drinks for me, since I'm a total caffeine addict and don't really love coffee. So when I wake up in the morning, I go straight for a Mountain Dew Orange Kickstart or a Sugar Free, Zero Calorie Xyience Frostberry Blast Xenergy. So with that aforementioned caffeine addiction fully kicking in the morning, I'm fairly devastated if I don't have any cold energy drinks.
Somewhere along the way I learned a trick to quickly make a warm beverage cold. I take 2 pieces of paper towel and fold them at the tear line making 1 double thick sheet. Then I run them under cold water, ringing out any serious dripping, while still leaving them really damp. I fold the paper towel so when I wrap it around the can it's totally covered without a lot of overhang. Then, I place the wet paper towel wrapped can in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes and ShaZam! Nice cold energy drink! It can be done with any kind of drink, just make sure you don't forget about it and have it explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment