Wednesday, January 28, 2015

USPS

I know I just posted about the United States Postal Service recently, but my annoyance with them is just never ending. I often ship packages from home. I sell my kids' clothing on eBay, so after a string of auctions end I have packages that need to go out. Usually I schedule a pickup on the USPS website. Yesterday however I was getting out one package to a straggling payer, and just stuck it in the box with the flag up. Now this was a small yellow envelope, very light weighing just over 2oz. Realistically, no heavier than a thick letter.
Do you think the mail man took my envelope?
No. No he did not. Now I know I probably should have scheduled a pick up. I will take partial blame. However, until recently I didn't even know you could schedule a pickup, and would just stuff outgoing packages in my mailbox. Our former mailman took them every time. No complaints. No excuses. Today, my mail was delivered, including an incoming package, but my envelope was left behind. I did also have one instance where I did schedule a pick up and it was still left behind, so perhaps it doesn't really matter if it's scheduled, it just depends on the mood of the postal employee.
I am so fed up with USPS. I literally just paid $10 more for UPS shipping on a recent online order, just so I wouldn't have to deal with waiting on USPS.
Gone are the days of "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".

No comments:

Post a Comment