Monday, September 28, 2015

Cargo Blush...looks can be deceiving

For quite some time now I've been wanting to try out Cargo's blush. It's regularly $26 for each metal tub so when Ulta had it on sale for $13 during their 21 Days of Beauty Sale I snapped up 2. (I probably would have bought another but they sold out of the other color I wanted to try very quickly)
The containers look pretty huge when compared to other similar products. I had read reviews stating there was a lot of product for the money. However when my 2 arrived one was detached from the packaging. Now it's not a big deal when it comes to using the blush. The blush itself wasn't broken but as you can see from the picture there is a plastic spacer that takes up over half of the metal container. The actual amount of blush is very average. 
This isn't to say that I'm not pleased with the product. It turns out I really do like the blush. The water resistant Los Cabos (the orangey one) is actually very flattering. I've been mixing it with the regular powder blush in Catalina and I'm loving the color combo. I'm just surprised that a company that generally has minimalistic packaging is making their containers appear to contain more than they do. Yes, there is a weight clearly stamped on the back. I'm not saying they're committing fraud or anything that serious, but if I hadn't received the particular package that I did, I would have expected it to last much longer and probably been kind of annoyed when I realized it was almost empty less than half way to the bottom of the tub. 


No comments:

Post a Comment