Friday, September 18, 2015

Chalkboard Fridge Success!

I'm super excited to report that my efforts to make my once ugly fridge into a giant chalkboard were successful! 
It's come out even better than I expected. I'm not sure if it was the gripper primer or the chalkboard paint, but I used a brush and there aren't any brush strokes in the paint on the metal. The handles came out reasonably well with the gloss black I used. I also painted over the controls for the water / ice maker in the freezer door. If they actually functioned properly I would probably have painted over them anyway and used a chalk marker to label them just to be cute, but unfortunately the ice maker doesn't work. So I'm in the process of making a ribbon message board to cover it up. I'll post pics once I get it done, I just ran out of the white ribbon I'm using so I won't be able to finish it until I have a chance to get over to the craft store. Michael's is a dangerous place though. I could drop a small fortune there without much effort. If I bring my daughter? Oh no. I'll have to mortgage my house to pay the bill. So I will most likely not be making that trip until Monday when she's in school. 


No comments:

Post a Comment