Friday, September 18, 2015

I Hate DirectTV

A couple years back I decided to switch from cable to satellite. The initial offer was pretty good and I was told that since there were a lot of trees in my neighborhood, if the signal wasn't great after trying to reposition the dish a couple times that I would be released from my contract without penalty. 

Yeah, that didn't happen. Well, the problems getting a decent signal happened. They just refused to honor their promise to let me out of the contract. Yes, I suppose could have just stopped paying the bill, however it would be a black mark on my credit, which after some of the shady things my ex pulled, I really want to avoid. Also, in the fine print they explain that once you pay with a credit card or bank account, if you fail to complete your contract they will simply charge your card or account with the amount they feel you owe. 

So I was stuck with awful service that went out each time it rained, snowed or the sky got a little cloudy. Basically, the times when you really want to kick back and watch some TV it was impossible. Now I could use my DVR and watch shows I had already recorded when the weather was bad, but if there was something scheduled to record when the conditions outside weren't perfect? Forget about it. 
Now today I woke up to find th main receiver in th living room won't turn on. I tried turning it off and turning it back on. I tried hitting the reset button. I keep getting the same error. I'm not certain how the receiver broke while it was shut off and we were all sleeping, it was working last night before I went to bed, but I'm taking this as a sign. My contract is finally up and I've been putting off changing providers because, well I don't know why, it just seemed like a hassle and any changes give me a little anxiety. 
So now I just have to decide between XFinity with Comcast or UVerse with AT&T. Decisions, decisions...


No comments:

Post a Comment