Friday, September 25, 2015

Stove Makeover: Step One

So since the fridge painting went so well I decided to start on the stove today. I bought some copper colored paint at the craft store the other day, it says it's good for metal and is safe for indoor and outdoor projects. I started today by sanding and priming the stove with the Glidden Gripper again. I taped off the stove top and door, though for whatever reason the Frog Tape that I love so much absolutely refused to stick to the glass. I used bleach cleaner and dried it completely but my favorite painter's tape wouldn't stick. I ended up using some orange Scotch tape I had bought on clearance for my daughter to craft with. 
Here's a pic of the first stage. Once the primer is dry I'll start in with the paint. Hopefully I'll have some nice pics to share of the finished project soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment