Thursday, September 24, 2015

Finished Fridge

So it took me a few extra days to completely finish he fridge, mostly because I was putting off the trip to the craft store. I love Michael's. I really do. However...every time I go in there for a few quick things I end up needing to refinance my house to foot the bill. No, no, I suppose it's not really quite that bad but I'm totally guilty of way too many impulse buys when I shop for craft supplies. 
This time I needed white ribbon to finish the board I made to cover the ice maker in the freezer door. I downloaded the Michael's app so I was able to get some coupons to help cover all the things I bought in addition to the ribbon. 
Anyways, I think it came out pretty well. I'm sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the process, though it was really pretty simple. I used a random piece of cardboard, (It was actually part of the box from the new toilet seat I installed in the bathroom.), a couple old tee shirts which I cut up and layered over the cardboard to add a little padding, and a piece of fabric I had laying around. The ribbon I had in my bow making supplies, but since I ran out half way through I had to make that aforementioned trip to the craft store for more. I actually attached everything with duct tape. The ribbon is just woven, over-under to keep it a little extra secure. Th fabric I chose has a grid pattern on it so it was easier to place each ribbon equidistant from the one before. 
Overall I'm pretty geeked about the total transformation. I picked up some bronze paint to do the stove (and maybe the microwave, depending on how well the stove looks) so hopefully the kitchen will start to take shape soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment