Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ugly Fridge No More...I Hope


I admit it. I'm a Pinterest junkie. I love that app more than I probably should. Recently I've been really into DIY home improvement. My ex really messed some things up. He would start a project and never finish it. Over the 8 years we were married, these projects really began to mount up. I was trying to put into words my reason for feeling like I needed to make some changes around my house after the divorce and my best friend really put it best. He said, " Instead of looking at everything your ex did wrong, now you get to look around at all the things you did right." He couldn't have possibly said it any better. So my latest project is the fridge. It's ugly. The water / ice maker hasn't worked since my ex brought it home. So today I decided to do something about it. First I started by turning off the valve to the water so it won't drip at all. Then I plugged up the hole completely so that no air escapes. I bought s primer that I read about on Pinterest, Glidden Gripper. I covered the entire fridge in this primer. Tomorrow, I'll be painting it with black chalkboard paint. It's a project I've seen online a few times and funny enough, on the Disney Channel show, Good Luck Charlie, their refrigerator is painted completely in chalkboard paint too. So here are the pics of the first step in the process, so far so good. Hopefully the end results will come out just as well. 
The primer dried pretty quickly, but as I was going, I painted part of the handles, leaving a space unpainted so I could still open the fridge. Once the rest of the primer dried I primed the empty section of the door handle. The last pic is of the fridge completely primed. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment