Thursday, May 29, 2014

Costco

I recently joined Costco. My mom has had a membership for ages, and when ever she comes downstate I shopping there with her. On her last visit I decided that it was time to get my own membership. I opted for the regular old $55 per year membership. The other option was $110 per year and offered cash back on purchases. Although that sounds great in principal, you have to spend $5,000 before you see any rewards. Otherwise they just refund the extra $55 you paid for this membership option. Since I can't imagine that I'll be spending that much, I went with the cheaper choice.
One thing I'm maybe a little more excited about than is normal is that I'll finally have that pesky membership number to enter on the free sample forms. Costco offers lot of free samples throughout the year but they're for members only, so until now I've been ineligible.
So, this year is my trial year. If I don't feel like I've gotten my $55 worth by the end of the year I probably won't renew my membership next year. Either way, I'm sure I'll write more about it at a later date. I'm planning to head over there today when my daughter gets out of preschool at noon. Here's hoping there's lots of good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment