Friday, May 9, 2014

Logan...

This year my family and I had to say goodbye to one of our dogs, Logan. He had Cancer and it was time to end his suffering. I just wanted to share a little about him because I miss him every day. He was such a part of the family and I feel the loss all the time. He was a really sweet boy, always lovable and ready to snuggle. He had no idea how large he was. At all. He had a penchant for climbing fences and escaping to explore the neighborhood. This is a picture of Logan and my daughter sitting on my parents' deck in northern Michigan. My mom used to joke that he went from being a homeless street dog to having a home and a vacation home. Logan was a good dog and I had thought that I would have at least a few more years with him. The Cancer came on hard and fast and caught us totally off guard. At his last vet appointment I was told that he had about 2 weeks until the pain was unbearable so I took him home for a week to give him one last great time. Putting him to sleep was without a doubt the hardest thing I've had to do in my adult life. The women at Berkley Animal Clinic were absolutely amazing and thoughtful. One girl sat with me for over half an hour listening to stories about Logan while I cried and stroked his head. If you live in Metro Detroit and are looking for a veterinary office, I definitely recommend them. They also sent a condolence card a week after the event that was personalized and signed by all the staff. I thought that was a really sweet gesture. I made a memorial donation to Detroit Dog Rescue in Logan's memory, they're a great organization that do some amazing work here in Metro Detroit as well. So that's my story about Logan, the sweetest boy to ever walk on 4 legs. I just wanted to do one more little thing to honor his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment