Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Pet Peve With Little Girls' Clothing

I have to say, I'm a little disturbed by a trend I'm seeing in little girls' clothing. When they gather the material around the chest area, in adult clothing it's meant to make your chest look bigger. Why on earth would anyone be trying to accentuate a toddlers chest? This swim suit by Rugged Bear is a size 4. Why make this a feature on a little girl's bathing suit? This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of detailing on toddler and even baby clothing and it bugs me every time. Kids only have so long to just be kids. Why are designers trying to dress them like mini adults? I'm not trying to be a big prude here or anything, I like to dress my kids fashionably. I just think there's a classy way to do it and a trashy way. I was so bummed when I saw this feature because other than that gathering, I think this is a cute little suit. I love the braided straps and the laser cutouts on the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment